Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to enhance the quality of research in the fields of advanced manufacturing. He/she should possess interest in the following mentioned research areas:
- Metal additive manufacturing.
- Material characterization.
- Post-processing of additively manufactured components.
The job scope includes:
- Experimental research on metal additive manufacturing.
- Material characterization, machining process modelling, and developing bespoke system setup. Applicants will be selected based on their research skills, and publication and academic record.
- PhD in mechanical engineering, materials science and engineering, or a relevant area.
- Good publication record in manufacturing/mechanical engineering journals.
- Excellent command of written and verbal English.
- Experience in machining and/or additive manufacturing.
- Experience in material characterization with electron microscopy, and modelling and simulation.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Mechanical Engineering