Student Wellbeing Team Leader
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £30,942 to £38,017
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 11 April 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 28 April 2021
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic team leader to join Student Services to manage a team of Specialist Practitioners who work with students in crisis or students with diagnosed disabilities, long term health issues and mental health conditions to offer timely advice, information, and direct support.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Manage a team of specialist practitioners, including the setting clear objectives, managing performance and ensuring KPIs are understood and achieved
- Developing and maintain clear processes and procedures for the team that put the student at the heart of everything we do
- Work in partnership with the Lead Practitioner to ensure the service runs safely, and efficiently and that staff are developed and supported in their roles.
- Work collegially with other colleagues to take a multi-disciplinary approach which creates a seamless student experience to support our students.
- Lead on an individual project area within related to student support, chair meetings and lead discussion groups.
Successful candidates must have a relevant degree, or be able to demonstrate an equivalent skill level and/or hold a relevant specialist qualification. An understanding of working within a Higher Education setting would be beneficial. Applications are welcomed from those working in a relevant field (disability advisors, mental health nurses, teachers, counsellors, social workers, mental health advisors, community workers etc.) with an interest in this field. Membership of, or accreditation by, an appropriate specialist body is also desirable but not essential.
The Wellbeing Service is one of the teams within Student Services at the University. Services offered by Student Services range from an Early Years Centre providing a childcare facility for children up to the age of 5 to our 24/7 wellbeing support provision for students, as well as some of the biggest and best leisure facilities in the area. To find out more about the work of Student Services please visit our website www.southampton.ac.uk/studentservices
Please note, being able to work flexibly is a requirement of this role; you will work both virtually and in a large open plan office and you will be part of a rota that operates from 8am –8pm across weekdays.
A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service clearance at Enhanced level is also required.
The salary indicated is the range that applies to the post of MSA Level 4 Student Wellbeing Team Leader. Generally, staff are appointed to the first payment point, and then progress incrementally through the core zone at the rate of one pay point per year, subject to satisfactory performance
If you would like more information, please email Jayne Calvert at: J.V.Calvert@soton.ac.uk
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Sam Stubbs (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 2380 592750 or email email@example.com Please quote reference 1349521EW on all correspondence.