1 day left
- Part Time
Job Profile Student Support - Careers Service
Contract Type Permanent
- Undertake Careers guidance with students – one-to-one appointments (5 x per day) plus online guidance.
- Deliver Careers workshops and other events to student groups, both virtually and face-to-face - to include hosting of employers, Open Evenings and other outreach events.
- Responsible for a specific project of benefit to the Careers Service and wider Employability Team.
Evening work will be required occasionally, and weekend work very occasionally.
- Provide key services to Birmingham, including one-to-one appointments & drop-ins (in person and online), responding to CareerHub questions, quick queries and document reviews.
- Deliver a range of careers workshops, employer events, fairs and other activities, both within academic programmes and independently.
- Participate in developmental projects & specialist initiatives, e.g. industry-specific mentoring schemes, that enhance & develop BPP Employability Service.
- Develop employer relationships in order to create mentoring, placement/other opportunities, involvement in employer talks/careers fairs and supplying job vacancies.
- Promote the service to potential students, to current staff and students, and alumni.
- Develop and review teaching and learning resources on a range of careers and employability issues, for students on Law and Business programmes.
- Work closely with other members of the Careers Service Team to share knowledge and best practice and ensure a consistent service is provided.
- Support BPP's ‘Career Ready' Strategy including activities that grow students' career skills.
- Adhere to BPP company policies; represent & promote the Careers Service internally and externally.
- Record data; produce reports & statistics.
- Undertake relevant training & keep aware of current developments in relevant areas.
- Assist in similar provision at other centres as required.
- Perform from time to time other duties consistent with the post.
Department University Education Services - Careers & Pro Bono
Vacancy location UK, Midlands, Birmingham
- Educated to degree-level. Applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Experience of working within a university Careers Service, careers guidance service or graduate recruitment, together with an understanding of the relevant recruitment markets and employer practices for graduate and postgraduate students.
- Specific knowledge of the legal recruitment market and the aspirations of Law students.
- Experience of delivering services on a one-to-one basis as well as to groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills in communicating with a range of students and other stakeholders.
- Evidence of direct work with employers, including successful delivery of events.
- Excellent capability to self-organise including time management.
- Ability to set own goals in addition to achieving given targets and deadlines.
- Able to show initiative and work effectively under pressure.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimandsand final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Contract Hours 30.00