Vice-Chancellor and President
“Peritamanus, mensexculta” – a skilled hand, a cultivated mind
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with 95,000 students and almost 10,000 staff globally. RMIT's mission is to help shape the world through quality teaching and engagement, research and innovation and to create transformative experiences for students, getting them ready for life and work.
With strong industry connections forged over 134 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, job ready graduates.
As a global university, RMIT has three campuses in Melbourne – Melbourne City, Brunswick, and Bundoora, two campuses and a language centre in Vietnam and a research and industry collaboration centre in Barcelona, Spain. RMIT also offers programs through partners in destinations including Singapore, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka and mainland China, with research and industry partnerships on every continent.
RMIT has continued to consolidate its reputation as one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions. The University is ranked 18th globally in the Top 50 Universities Under 50 Years Old and 10th globally in the 2020 Times Higher Education Impact Ranking.
Bringing contemporary expertise, experience, creativity and energy, the incoming Vice Chancellor will be critical to the continued trajectory of success and development that has been the hallmark of RMIT since its inception.The Vice-Chancellor will be convincing in their passion for innovation in improving the student experience post-COVID, have a vision for an increasingly digitized world and a desire to build partnerships in research.
- A collaborative and inspiring leader, who will continue RMIT’s emphasis on industry-facing research and teaching job-ready skills, while fostering a culture of inspiration, engagement, and discovery of new ideas and perspectives.
- Inspire trust and confidence in people across the University through values based leadership in a time of change.
- Drive and implement the University’s academic mission of producing graduates “ready for life and work”.
- Ensure long term financial sustainability, identifying commercial opportunities, development of international assets, and effective use of resources, in response to dynamic challenges.
- Build and nurture key strategic relationships with a range of stakeholders including industry, business, other universities, state and federal government, regulators, and community groups regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Successful track record at a senior executive level leading a growing and complex tertiary institution, ideally focused on cultivating a rich and relevant student experience.
- Strategic, commercially and financially astute, resilient and an excellent communicator, with an inspirational contemporary leadership style to engage and motivate staff.
- Collaborative with strong relationship management skills, sound judgement and the ability to build partnerships and advocate support from a variety of stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the Australian Higher Education and Vocational Education sector governance and regulatory systems and demonstrated effective working relationship with University Council.
RMIT is an Athena SWAN member and a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
Korn Ferry is assisting RMIT with this appointment. Further information including the selection criteria can be obtained from Grace Tan on +613 9631 0330 or at RMITVC@kornferry.com
To apply confidentially, please register your interest with a CV, a cover letter and a statement addressing the selection criteria at RMITVC@kornferry.com. The application deadline is midnight AEST 7 May 2021
Apply for Vice-Chancellor and President
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly