Lecturer/Assistant professor/Associate professor in Foundational Mathematics
LECTURER/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN FOUNDATIONAL MATHEMATICS
DEPARTMENT: Department of Foundational Mathematics
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Foundational Mathematics
POSITION TITLE: Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
LOCATION: Suzhou Campus
Salary is based on experience and qualification. The scales for the salary are:
• Associate Professor: 36,127 - 38,967RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 42,705RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post).
• Assistant Professor: 29,046 - 31,993RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post).
• Lecturer: 23,150- 25,594/month (with the opportunity to go to 28,615RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: Aug 1st 2021
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 1st June 2021
JOB ID: 1749
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The Department of Foundational Mathematics is responsible for the delivery of mathematics teaching to Year 1 students. The Department has formed a highly professional team of teaching staff which consists of well-trained PhD’s from Western and Chinese first-rate universities, and some renowned senior professors with rich teaching experience. The Department of Foundational Mathematics invites strong applications for these positions to begin as soon as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for future colleagues who can
- Deliver lectures of Calculus, Linear Algebra, Statistics and mathematical modelling in English to UG Year 1 students.
- Undertake appropriate research, including scientific research in mathematical sciences and pedagogical research in the teaching of university mathematics.
- Provide administrative service to the department and university committees.
Preference will be given to applicants who have shown outstanding promise in research and teaching. It is important to note that a successful applicant must be able to teach in English as XJTLU’s working and instructional language is English.
- A PhD degree in mathematics or a closely aligned discipline is required.
- Ideally few years of teaching/research experience at a university or equivalent after completion of PhD degree.
- Publications record in an area of expertise.
- Good communication skills and strong team player.
- High sense of responsibility.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong knowledge/experience in international higher education.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances. Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application online.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email Head of Department Dr. Rui Zhang at email@example.com. Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR at Mengdie.Sun@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID (1749) in your enquiry.