Senior Data Analyst
- An exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst to join the Evaluation and Analytics team
- Be valued for your strong analytical skills
- Full-time, continuing remuneration package of $127K-$143K p.a., including leave loading and 17% employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Data Analyst to provide data analysis and reporting support to the activities of Evaluation and Analytics team and the portfolio. You will have a passion for data and will be working to produce high level reports and the analysis of data for the purpose of providing recommendations and to inform senior management decision making.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be valued for your data and consultative skills to provide advice to the greater team and support key decisions through analysis of data and information. You will utilise your extensive experience in data analysis and higher education sector to ensure efficient and effective delivery of outcomes.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Data Analyst who can demonstrate:
- a capacity to prepare high quality reports, as well as briefing and discussion papers for both technical and non- technical audiences and senior executive staff
- strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and highly organised
- excellent business/data analysis skills utilising relational database, and other data files (e.g. Excel, csv)
- experience in using analytics programming languages, such as SQL, R or Python (R is preferred), SPSS and data and visualisation packages e.g. Excel, Power BI, Tableau, etc
- well-developed analytical, data manipulation and reporting skills, including the ability to capture, analyse, present and interpret the relevant information to suit the needs and is of value to a variety of audience
- experience working with survey data or students related data in higher education / tertiary education sector, or at a complex multi-faceted organisation
- knowledge of basic statistical methods.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing time: 11:30 pm, 21st April 2021
If you would like to get a copy of Position Description, please contact
If you are a current employee of the University and would like to submit an application, please login into your Workday account.
Navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard once logged into Workday and click on the USYD Find Jobs report to apply.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.