Research Fellow, Biological Sciences
The successful candidate will work with A/P Henry Mok Yu Keung on structural and functional characterization of proteins under a project on “Barriers and Busters that determine viral infection in mosquitoes”. The main responsibilities of the position include:
- To determine the structural mechanisms of proteins in biological and physical barriers in mosquitoes and the mechanisms by which arboviruses penetrate these barriers to achieve infection.
- To develop transgenic mosquitoes with multiple enhanced barrier genes that are resistant to arbovirus infection.
- Qualifications / Discipline: PhD holder or fresh PhD graduate to be conferred with a PhD degree in Life Sciences with research experience in protein structure determination and characterization. Experience in handling of mosquitoes is desirable.
- Sub-cloning, expression and purification of recombinant proteins;
- Determination of protein structures by X-ray crystallography and NMR;
- Characterization of protein interaction and function using biophysical techniques.
- Protein structure determination using X-ray or NMR spectroscopy;
- Structural and functional characterization of protein interaction;
- Handling of mosquitoes.
Location: [[Kent Ridge]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: No