Special Scientist Full Stack Software Developer
4 days left
- Full Time
Position: Special Scientist - Full-Stack Software Developer
Category: Full-time Employment
Location: Networks Research Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus,
The Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, announces one Special Scientist - Full-Stack Software Developer position at the external research programme ICTOU: ICT Observatory Update.
- Design overall architecture of the applications.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Understand and implement security and data protection.
- Build proof-of-concepts and prototypes to demonstrate the validity of proposed research and designed solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in the above will be considered an advantage
- 2 years of professional experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- Proficiency in any Server-Side language (C#, Java, Ruby, Python, PHP)
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter)
- Knowledge of SQL (e.g., MySQL) and NoSQL (e.g., MONGO DB) Databases
- Mobile development skills (Android and iOS) considered a plus
- Experience building elastic, scalable APIs / microservices is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
- Good presentations skills.
- For non EU applicants a work permit will be required
Profile of the ideal candidate
- A strong sense of product ownership, thriving in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Understanding the value of shipping quickly and of software craftsmanship and have the judgment to know when to apply each.
- Self-motivated, autonomous and responsible in making design and development choices.
- Able to work well in a team with diverse skills.
- Resourceful in finding the data and tools needed to get the job done.
- Solid work ethics, passion for innovation, and scientifically open-minded
The position is on a contract basis. The monthly gross salary is equal to €1000 - €3000 according to qualifications and experience. Employee contributions will be deducted from the above amount. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment.
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Contact details of two referees.
The deadline for applications is 19 April 2021 at 12:00pm.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).