Specialist Manager, Office of Career Development
Centre for Experiential Learning Job Description
- Help students develop personal Learning Journey and ensure they meet with the Learning Objectives of the Work Attachment.
- Ascertain that the Work Attachment workplace environment is safe and fostering.
- Assess students’ performance, and mentor students during the Work Attachment.
- Conduct students’ debrief and reinforce learnings of the Work Attachment.
- Initiate and develop long term partnerships with companies in specialist domain areas to create, and increase, Work Attachment and employment opportunities for SUSS students.
- Provide effective career guidance to students; career options, employment search strategies & communications and interview preparation.
- Identify professionals in specialist domain areas to engage with students to increase their exposure to the work world.
- Identify emerging trends in specialist domain areas and translate them into meaningful training and activities in elevating students’ knowledge and skills.
- Design and conduct courses and workshops in specialist domain areas.
- Develop and deploy profiling tools to help students better understand themselves and help refine their career direction.
- Identify inter- and transdisciplinary opportunities and providing guidance and support to students in these undertakings.
- A good university degree, preferably with postgraduate degree and/or professional qualification in Early Childhood Education, MBA degree will be looked upon favourably.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the area of Early Childhood Education, with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity. Experience in coaching and certification in personality profiling tools will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of global and local hiring/employment trends and methods.
- Meticulous and able to work in a fast-paced environment, perform as a team that is highly diverse and traversing across functions, and manage multiple tasks, including administrative processes.
- Passion for working with students and able to build rapport, motivate and inspire young people.