Assistant Professor, Art
Roles and Responsibilities
A qualified and creative art teacher who is willing to join the seasoned team of academics at the Architecture School (VSPARC), VIT Vellore campus. Responsibilities include preparing art lessons, appropriately developing art techniques, representations, and sourcing art materials. The person should encourage creativity and self-expression among students.
Work Station: Vellore Campus
Under-graduate degree in Fine Arts (BFA) ,Post-graduate degree in Fine Arts (MFA) or a Ph.D. related to Art and should demonstrate excellence in various art techniques, teaching art history, and exemplary communication in English
Experience: 5+ Years of working in an Architecture School
- Should have sufficient experience in Teaching, Industry & Research with reputed Institutions.
- Should have research papers published in International / National Journals.
- Should have books published and Scholars awarded / currently working for.
- Applicants with patents registered / consultancy works carried out will be given preference.
- Exposure in handling high-value funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Class Room presentation
- Laboratory Instructions
- Development Learning of Resource Materials & Laboratory Development
- Student Assessment & Evaluation including Examination work of University.
- Participation in the Co-curricular & extracurricular activities
- Student’s guidance, counseling & helping in their personal, ethical, moral and overall character development
- Keeping abreast of new knowledge and skills, help to generate new knowledge and help dissemination of such knowledge through books, publications, seminars, handouts etc.,
- Continuing Education Activities self development through upgrading Qualification, Experience & Professional activities
- Research development activities & Research guidance
- Industry sponsored projects
- Providing consultancy and testing services
- Promotion of industry – institution interaction and R & D
Academic / Administration:
- Academic and Administrative management of the institution
- Policy planning, monitoring & evaluation and promotional activities; both at department level and institution level
- Design and development of a new programme.
- Preparing projects for funding in areas of R&D work, laboratory development, modernization, expansion etc
- Administration both at departmental & institutional levels
- Development, administration and management at Institutional levels
- Monitoring and evaluation of academic and research activities
- Participation in policy planning at the Regional / National level for Development of Technical Education Helping mobilization of resources for the Institution
- Develop, update and maintain MIS
- Plan and implement Staff Development activities, conduct Performance Appraisal
- Maintain Accountability
- Extension / Industrial Connectivity
- Interaction with Industry and Society
- Participation in Community services
- Providing R&D support and consultancy services to Industry and other user agencies
- Providing non-formal modes of education for the benefits of the Community
- Promotion of Entrepreneurship and Job rotation
- Dissemination of knowledge
- Providing Technical support in areas of social relevance
Apart from the above duties, any other relevant work assigned by the Dean of the respective schools.
Role: Assistant Professor
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Education, Teaching, Training
Functional Area: Teaching, Education, Training, Counselling
Role Category: University Level
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
UG: BFA in Any Specialization
PG: MFA in Any Specialization
Doctorate: Ph.D in Fine arts
Vellore Institute of Technology
VIT was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.