ORGANIZATION NAME Temp Researcher Internal Fund
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Research Assistant is expected to provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
They should have the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The College of Medicine and Health Sciences and the Center for Biotechnology at Khalifa University are looking to recruit a research assistant to make a positive contribution to our research team and contribute to the research project in Precision Medicine. This is an exciting role in which the post holder will have the ability to work in the areas of precision medicine, genomics, and pharmacogenomics, as well as ensure an efficient flow of project tasks and operations.
- Assist in the recruitment process of the study’s participants and perform participants’ surveys/questionnaires
- Assist in sample/data collection and analysis
- Perform sample preparation, DNA extraction, quality control, and genetic analysis
- Work as part of a team and independently manage daily work within the work sequence pipeline
- Regularly meet with the Advisor to present the research results to the Advisor, discuss the development and troubleshooting of research techniques, discuss direction and focus of the research, and to express mutual expectations and research goals
- Publish research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, and perhaps present findings at the scientific meetings
- Assist in the preparation of project/research reports
- Assist in the organization of seminars/workshops in the area of precision medicine
- Contribute to the overall activities of the research team and the department, as required
- Perform other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Support and participate in research activities
- Contribute to the research center, faculty, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental, and/or advisory capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or any related science major program.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required. Candidate must be able to work independently.
- All applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of, or high potential for, high-quality scientific research, as evidenced by their publication records and/or letters of recommendation.
- Candidates interested in translational research and entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply.
For interested applicants, send your updated CV to Dr. Sabina Semiz email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their updated CV to Dr. Sabina Semiz firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.