Research Associate, Executive
Teaching & Learning Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior/Research Associate with demonstrable expertise in data mining and machine learning to join the Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC). This is a 1-year position, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
TLC promotes excellence in teaching and learning through the design and implementation of innovative pedagogies; facilitation of Faculty development and training; scholarship of teaching & learning; and provides academic support for students whilst developing lifelong learning attributes in our graduates.
As Senior/Research Associate, you will participate/co-lead in research projects on data mining and analytics. These include mining students' feedbacks and discussions, and developing and implementing adaptive learning systems to augment the quality of teaching and learning within SUSS. You will also contribute/lead in the preparation of reports and publications to communicate success/progress of development works.
- Qualifications/experience relevant to data analytics/science.
- Experience in educational data mining and machine learning using suitable programming languages e.g. R, Python.
- Experience in communicating and translating research outcomes to practise. This may include delivering presentations, high quality reports and publications within cognate fields of learning analytics. Having a record of relevant research publications and in seeking and obtaining grant funding would be advantageous.
- A resourceful team player and leader with a lot of initiative and an ability to work independently
- Experience in managing a research project.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines