Research Scientist in the Area of Materials Science, Electrochemical Energy Storage
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is seeking for a Research Scientist (full-time) with profound expertise in both fundamental and applied chemistry and materials science covering areas such as design and synthesis of materials for energy storage (rechargeable batteries), materials characterization, and electrochemistry. A particular interest is in the development of novel competitive energy storage technologies. The preferred starting date is January-February 2021, but it can be negotiated.
A relevant Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or closely related fields is required. The applicants should have experience in battery materials design and development, validated by publications in top peer-reviewed journals.
Solid background in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Solid-state chemistry and physics including knowledge of structure and properties of functional materials and the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo;
- Crystal chemistry design, crystallography, inorganic chemistry and applied electrochemistry of functional materials;
- Methods of synthesis and production of new functional materials (including innovative and well-established techniques);
- Advanced materials characterization methods (X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy, FTIR spectroscopy) and operation of cutting-edge laboratory research equipment;
- Battery materials preparation, battery cells assembling and operation;
You will assist in mentoring master and PhD students and teaching. The duties will also include participating in scientific and industrial research projects. High level of English is mandatory.
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is an interdisciplinary center for research, education and innovation at Skoltech that focuses on study and development of devices and systems that can dramatically advance portable electronics, electric vehicle transportation and grid energy storage sectors.
- A challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment;
- Synergy between science, innovations, and technology;
- Substantial internationally competitive salary, commensurate with experience, qualifications and previous publication record;
- A medical insurance.
- Internationally competitive compensation package.
To apply send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application”.