BOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, innovative and passionate learning technologist who relishes the opportunity to support academic colleagues as we develop our unique Learning Tree – within the broader framework of our bespoke VLE (Windows 365-based). TEDI-London is an innovative learning environment. You will share our enthusiasm for online learning and our belief that this can complement a student-led and immersive pedagogy in which hands-on learning through real-world projects is a dominant feature. You will be keen to try new things and not be afraid to learn from the experience –building on your substantial knowledge of learning technologies and their use to produce high quality engineering-focused content and experiences. You will provide expert advice to staff on instructional best practice in the use of digital content and learning technology. You will relish the opportunity to be involved in shaping TEDI-London’s offering, working closely with other colleagues to deliver the best possible student experience.
Please be sure to download the Job Pack for this role, which contains further information and a video where the Hiring Manager, Cheryl Pilliner-Reeves is discussing this role, as well as an Eventbrite Online Drop In on Tuesday April 20th at 6:00pm. Please note this is not mandatory, is not part of the selection process and will not be recorded.
Skills and Knowledge
- Significant experience of using learning design methodologies and of proven impact on the design as well online delivery of units or programmes of study in a blended or fully online environment.
- Proven experience of working with academic/ teaching staff to plan, design, develop, test and evaluate digital learning approaches and/or resources as a core part of a unit or programme of study.
- Experience of working with, and complying with standards and guidance relating to: accessibility, usability, data protection, copyright and intellectual property for online learning and data.
- Proven experience of directly supporting staff who are new to online digital technologies, to a high standard of customer service including proven experience of pro-active engagement with a range of different stakeholders to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Effective facilitation and training delivery skills to various audiences in a face to face and an online setting.
- Proven ability to lead in the management and successful delivery of project outcomes and to organise and prioritise workloads of self and others when working on multiple projects and educational programmes.
- Demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to work effectively and build successful relationships at all levels.
- A proven problem solving capability and the ability to engage constructively with students and staff while under pressure.
- A collaborative approach combined with excellent team working skills, within and across other disciplines and functions.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, vibrant environment with a high level of ambiguity.
- A willingness to be hands-on and involved in activities that may not be within the role on a day to day basis – essential in a start-up environment.
- Strong educational background (degree level), preferably in the fields of Computing/IT and/or Education and/or Engineering.
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering, co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
Our vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.
In a start-up, each day really is different. We work collaboratively at TEDI-London on big decisions, but also need individuals that take initiative and have the skills and experience to manage their own work areas. We are a start-up with huge ambition, but you should not expect to join an organisation with all the answers, and everything mapped out. That is what we need you for, to be part of our journey.
You will not have a huge team and infrastructure in place. One day you might be writing a strategy or paper for the board – another you might be proofreading a letter. You will relish the chance to be in a new organisation with a world of possibilities where you can genuinely see the value that you add on a daily basis. The team you work with will be from different functions and levels – all united in one goal -to make TEDI-London a success.
We remain at a critical point across the economy here in the UK and elsewhere; particularly within Higher Education. We are in touch with our colleagues and our network across the sector and are acutely aware of the challenges both financially and with regard to learning that they are experiencing. It is unprecedented for us all.
We have taken a carefully considered, deliberate decision to continue to drive our growth and development. We are able to offer a number of people great opportunities to work with us over the coming months and years and have so far recruited ten new joiners remotely to our team during the pandemic.
Additional ways for candidates to engage directly with recruiting managers and members of our wider TEDI-London team have been incorporated into the recruitment process to ensure a smooth and engaging candidate experience.
Please note: our interviews will be facilitated using Zoom or Microsoft Teams. We understand that this is an unusual time and that interviewing in different environments can be difficult. We have all experienced internet disruptions, background noise etc. and we want to assure you such issues will not impact upon the outcome of your interview.
It is worth noting that TEDI-London will definitely not be returning to our offices until June 2021 at the earliest; this remains under constant review due to the evolving COVID situation.