Senior Engineering Technician
3 days left
- Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineering Technician to join the TEDI-London team in delivering innovative, relevant and hands-on engineering higher education – working closely with academic colleagues in the commissioning, set-up and maintenance of our Makerspaces. This is a pivotal role underpinning successful delivery of our undergraduate programmes. At TEDI-London, the vast majority of our learning will be achieved through real-life projects, which are designed and co-delivered with our industry partners.
Please be sure to download the Job Pack for this role, which contains further information and a video where the Hiring Manager Julie Bregulla is discussing this role, as well as an Eventbrite Online Drop In on Thursday 8th April at 6:00pm. Please note this is not mandatory, is not part of the selection process and will not be recorded.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in managing engineering laboratories, makerspaces or workshop space, relevant Health and Safety legislation and implementation in a student laboratory context.
- A good working knowledge of managing laboratory/workshop/makerspace hazards and leading others by example.
- Experience of working in a teaching, or other customer facing, environment.
- A proven problem solving capability and the ability to engage constructively with students and staff while under pressure.
- Demonstrable excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to work effectively and build successful relationships at all levels.
- A proven ability to keep abreast of the latest developments in engineering, including CAD/ CAM, as well as safety regulations.
- A willingness to be hands-on and involved in activities that may not be within the role on a day to day basis – essential in a start-up environment.
Qualifications/ Professional Memberships
- BTEC level 4 or HNC or apprenticeship in a Mechanical/ Electrical engineering discipline, or have equivalent practical work experience.
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering, co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
Our vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.
In a start-up, each day really is different. We work collaboratively at TEDI-London on big decisions, but also need individuals that take initiative and have the skills and experience to manage their own work areas. We are a start-up with huge ambition, but you should not expect to join an organisation with all the answers, and everything mapped out. That is what we need you for, to be part of our journey.
You will not have a huge team and infrastructure in place. One day you might be writing a strategy or paper for the board – another you might be proofreading a letter. You will relish the chance to be in a new organisation with a world of possibilities where you can genuinely see the value that you add on a daily basis. The team you work with will be from different functions and levels – all united in one goal -to make TEDI-London a success.
We remain at a critical point across the economy here in the UK and elsewhere; particularly within Higher Education. We are in touch with our colleagues and our network across the sector and are acutely aware of the challenges both financially and with regard to learning that they are experiencing. It is unprecedented for us all.
We have taken a carefully considered, deliberate decision to continue to drive our growth and development. We are able to offer a number of people great opportunities to work with us over the coming months and years and have so far recruited ten new joiners remotely to our team during the pandemic.
Additional ways for candidates to engage directly with recruiting managers and members of our wider TEDI-London team have been incorporated into the recruitment process to ensure a smooth and engaging candidate experience.
Please note: our interviews will be facilitated using Zoom or Microsoft Teams. We understand that this is an unusual time and that interviewing in different environments can be difficult. We have all experienced internet disruptions, background noise etc. and we want to assure you such issues will not impact upon the outcome of your interview.
It is worth noting that TEDI-London will definitely not be returning to our offices until June 2021 at the earliest; this remains under constant review due to the evolving COVID situation.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Related jobs in London (Greater)
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Research Related jobs in London (Greater)
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professional Services jobs in London (Greater)
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering IT Services jobs in London (Greater)