Lecturer in Genetic Counselling
Advertisement for a Lecturer Position at Qatar University
Job Posting Title: Lecturer in Genetic Counselling
Organization Name: College of Health Sciences – Qatar University
College/Department Profile: MS Genetic counselling program, Biomedical Science Department
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates destined to shape the future of Qatar. The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS offers undergraduate (B.Sc.) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition, public health, and physical therapy and rehabilitation as well as graduate programs in biomedical sciences (M.Sc. and Ph.D.), public health (MPH), and genetic counselling (M.Sc.).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach courses in the area of expertise such as but not limited to principles and advanced principles and skills in genetic counselling, and clinical practice in genetic counselling.
- Service as clinical coordinator for the genetic counselling master program (including joint appointment with healthcare partners)
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, Department, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of the college through research publications
- Serve as student mentor for capstone project
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Master in Genetic Counselling
- Certified Genetic Counsellor (CGC)
- Solid experience in clinical training and students supervisions
- Teaching experience at undergraduate/graduate levels
- Willingness to work with teams
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Required Documents (Academic):
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
For any inquires, you may contact the program coordinator:
Dr Mashael Al-Shafai
E-mail: email@example.com, Telephone: +974 44035589