Manager, Library Research Services
Student Experience – University Library
- Continuing, full-time
- $98,231 to $113,999 per annum (HEO8)
- Relocation Assistance provided; flexible working arrangements are available.
- Plus 17%employer superannuation. Salary packaging options are available.
- Applicants must have ongoing full time work rights (UNE will not provide sponsorship for this position)
The University of New England (UNE), Armidale is a regionally based, globally networked university that is renowned for the quality of its student experience and the excellence of its research specialisations. UNE pioneered teaching to external students making it the most experienced provider of distance and innovative online education. Currently there are over 26,000 students (84% of whom are distance/online students) and approximately 1,200 academic and general staff.
The UNE decadal strategic plan, Future Fit 2021-2030, has been developed to guide the University to deliver on its enduring vision to support the aspirations of individuals in communities, and communities within regions, in a digital age.
About the Division
The Student Experience Division is responsible for all aspects of the student experience at UNE to ensure quality of provision from enrolment to graduation and what follows. Through institutional collaboration the Division supports the University's strategy, in ensuring all UNE students and UNE graduates have an experience which supports and enables their academic success and future life course progress.
About the Business Area
The University Library includes the Dixson Library, the Law Library and the University’s Archives and Heritage Centre. The Business Unit is on a journey of realigning its structure to support strategic initiatives in learning teaching and research at the University. We are moving towards a profound cultural change to reinvigorate processes and services to support an ever changing technological environment and the challenges in higher education. A culture that encourages collaboration among team members, nurtures innovation, encourages creativity and recognises contribution. This truly collaborative environment is infused in day to day operations and the organisation’s culture.
About the Role
The Manager, Library Research Services provides leadership in the development, management and delivery of the Library’s services to researchers and Higher Degree Research students, as well as services and operations relating to the Library’s role in the management of research outputs in the University. This is aligned with the strategic directions of the University to ensure the changing demands, needs and expectations of the University research community as well as the University’s research reporting requirements are met. This role works very closely with Research Services in the development of outreach programs and reporting capabilities.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Completion, or progress towards completion, of postgraduate qualifications in library and information services/management;
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association;
- Ability to lead and coach an effective and innovative team;
- Outstanding self-management, initiative and ability to respond positively to a rapidly changing work environment;
- Understanding of the research reporting and funding environment for higher education institutions; and
- Expertise in operational planning, policy development, project management and establishing new services and associated evaluation.
For enquiries relating this this role please contact Blanca Pizzani, University Librarian via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6773 1992.
Closing Date: Midnight, 22 March 2021
Reference No: 221077
Please go to www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une and refer to vacancy reference number 221077 to apply. Your application should be comprised of:
- One page cover letter outlining who you are, your strengths and qualifications, and why you are interested in the role at UNE;
- A current resume containing details of 3 referees. At least one referee should have a thorough knowledge of your work over the past 2 years as your manager or supervisor Responses to the selection criteria contained in the position statement available at www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une. Your examples should be based on previous performance/experience and you should clearly explain your level of involvement in the example activity, what you have done, how, why, with whom and what the outcomes were.
Please ensure your attachments are uploaded in PDF format. Word documents cannot be accepted at this time.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.