Manager, Quality Enhancement
Education Quality Directorate
- Fixed-term 18 months, full-time
- $114,162 to $122,082 per annum (HEO Level 9)
- Plus 17% employer superannuation and optional salary packaging
- Applicants must have full time work rights for the term of the contract. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The University of New England (UNE), Armidale is a regionally based, globally networked university that is renowned for the quality of its student experience and the excellence of its research specialisations. UNE pioneered teaching to external students making it the most experienced provider of distance and innovative online education. Currently there are over 26,000 students (84% of whom are distance/online students) and approximately 1,200 academic and general staff.
The UNE decadal strategic plan, Future Fit 2021-2030, has been developed to guide the University to deliver on its enduring vision to support the aspirations of individuals in communities, and communities within regions, in a digital age.
About the Directorate
The Education Quality Directorate is currently seeking a passionate and outcome driven individual for the position of Manager, TEQSA Reregistration. This role provides the opportunity to work in a supportive team to deliver a high-profile project for the University. In this position you’ll have the opportunity to grow relationships with key stakeholders across campus to realise the delivery of reregistration, while developing your skills in policy, regulation, and realisation of a quality framework.
About the role
The Manager, Quality Enhancement manages UNE compliance with external higher education regulatory requirements, and provides high level support and TEQSA and quality expertise to the activities associated with the university’s TEQSA Reregistration and Quality project.
The position reports to the Director, Education Quality and works closely with senior stakeholders across campus including Faculties, Schools, and central directorates.
Skills & Experience
Please refer to the attached position statement and UNE Core Capability Framework for more information about the required skills and experience required for the role.
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Mr Ewan Evans, Director, Education Quality: phone 02 6773 5254 or email email@example.com. To find out more about the Directorate, visit https://www.une.edu.au/about-une/executive/deputy-vice-chancellor/academic-quality
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you’d expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquillity of the New England on a rural property. To find out more, visit: www.armidaleregion.com.au/ and/or www.experiencethehighs.com.au/
Closing Date: Midnight, 21 March 2021
Reference No: 221072
Please go to www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une and refer to vacancy reference number 221072 to apply. Your application should be comprised of:
- One page cover letter outlining who you are, your strengths and qualifications, and why you are interested in the role at UNE;
- A current resume containing details of 3 referees. At least one referee should have a thorough knowledge of your work over the past 2 years as your manager or supervisor;
- Responses to the selection criteria contained in the position statement available at www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une explaining how you best meet these requirements. Your examples should be based on previous performance/experience and you should clearly explain your level of involvement in the example activity, what you have done, how, why, with whom and what the outcomes were.
Please ensure your attachments are uploaded in PDF format. Word documents cannot be accepted at this time.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.