Job Profile Student Support - Careers Service
Contract Type Permanent
- Undertaking Careers Guidance with students – one-to-one appointments (5 x per day) and e-Guidance.
- Delivering Careers Workshops, Virtual and face-to-face Open Evenings and other events, including hosting of employers.
- Project responsibility: Access to Practice mentoring scheme
The post-holder is expected to:
- Provide key services across London Law School and the School of Health and Nursing including but not limited to:
- one-to-one appointments and drop-ins (in person and online)
- responding to email and CareerHub requests including quick queries and document reviews within agreed timescales
- delivering a range of careers workshops and other activities, both within academic programmes and independently
- participating in agreed development projects and specialist initiatives, including national ‘Lead Responsibilities’ teams
- developing relationships with employers in order to promote CareerHub registration, create mentoring and placement opportunities, involvement in employer talks, attendance at careers fairs and supplying job vacancies
- promoting the service to potential students through open days, to current staff and students, and to employers
- involving tutors in mock interviews
- providing consultancy to academic colleagues in preparing their students for working life
- Assist in similar provision at other sites as required
- Help develop printed and online guides on a range of careers and employability (‘Career Ready’) issues, with a particular focus on Law and Health School students
- Work closely with other members of the Careers Service to share knowledge and best practice and ensure a consistent service is provided
- Represent and promote the Careers Service internally and externally whenever opportunities arise
- Record data on services provided, and produce reports and statistics as required
- Make suggestions for improvements to and development of the Careers Service, and work on the implementation of changes where required
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in relevant areas, and of developments in the practices of peers and competitors
- Adhere to the policies of the Careers Service and the wider company, in particular in relation to confidentiality, data protection, health and safety and equal opportunities
- Perform from time to time other such duties as may be consistent with the post
As listed in job background.
Department University Education Services - Careers & Pro Bono
Vacancy location UK, London, London Holborn
- Educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Experience of working within a university Careers Service, careers guidance services or graduate recruitment, together with an understanding of the relevant recruitment markets and employer practices for graduate and postgraduate students
- Experience of delivering services on a one-to-one basis as well as to groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills in communicating with a range of students, stakeholders and clients
- Evidence of direct work with employers, including successfully delivering events
- Excellent capability to self-organise including time management
- Ability to set own goals in addition to achieving given targets and deadlines
- Able to show initiative and work effectively under pressure
- Aptitude for producing clear and concise written and oral reports
- Understanding of the need to share knowledge and build relationships within a team.
Evening work will be required occasionally, and weekend work very occasionally.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not
Contract Hours 22.5