Senior Programme Support Officer, Legal Apprenticeships
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Fixed Term
Please note that this is a 12 month Fixed-Term contract role.
The Senior Programme Support Officers will work together with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Officers to ensure that all Law School administrative and support processes are properly set up and aligned across all programmes. As a team, they will be responsible for ensuring an excellent student journey through the Law School. They will also assist the Director of Law School Delivery in the successful transition from the current regulatory regimes to the new regime. The work of the Programme Support team is organised into three broad areas of responsibility, focusing on the following aspects of the student journey:
The key elements of the work in each area of responsibility are set out at the end of this job description. Programme Support Officers may work primarily within one area of responsibility but generally will be required to work flexibly across the three areas of responsibility as determined by the Programme Support Managers to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
Please see attached job description for a full list of key responsibilities.
Department Law School - Programmes & Students
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis and producing and managing documentation
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task when necessary
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions and processes
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with Law School students, tutors and other internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail and strong administration and organisational skills
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to have ‘difficult conversations'
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and problems, resolve conflicts and find appropriate solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- A relevant degree
- Experience of working in the HE sector
- Experience of using project management tools
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Senior Programme Support Officer (Fixed term).pdf (132 Kb)