Department: Office of Research and Development (ORD)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan or Khorog, Tajikistan
Deadline: 21 March 2021
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
S/he will be responsible for identifying research funding opportunities, developing high quality proposals, managing grants, and supporting relationships with academic partners and research sponsors. S/he will work primarily with UCA’s School of Arts and Sciences and its Graduate School of Development.
The position will be located either in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan or Khorog, Tajikistan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of key academic research funding schemes around the World and disseminate information internally as new funding opportunities arise;
- Serve as point of contact for the research grant application process, including advising on eligibility of funding schemes, funder requirements, budget constraints and timelines;
- Provide administrative support to UCA’s researchers to apply for grants, including coordinating the proposal and budget development, checking funder guidance, and securing internal approvals prior to submission;
- Upon grant award, ensure the effective management of research grants and contracts, compliance with grant requirements, and regular reporting to the research sponsors;
- Act as point of contact for academic partners on a project basis, to strengthen research partnerships and the coordination of joint proposals;
- Assist the Office of Research and Development in other resource mobilization and grant management duties as required;
- Any other tasks relevant to this position’s main roles and responsibilities as assigned by its supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum 2 years experience in academic research administration & grant management, preferably in a higher education institution or in a research funder setting;
- Understanding of the global research funding landscape;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, knowledge of Russian desirable;
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage deadlines;
- Excellent team-player with good interpersonal skills;
- Relevant computer skills using MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset:
- Ability to travel to UCA programmatic areas as required.
Citizens of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan residing in Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2021. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Research Administrator”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.