Digital Assessment Lead
Job Profile Digital Product - Digital Assessments
Contract Type Permanent
To lead the development of digital assessment provision across the business, working closely with IT and faculty teams to deliver robust digital assessments, including integration into our learning platforms and content authoring tools.
The post holder will the scope to work with our existing platforms or develop new solutions to aid the way in which the business delivers digital assessment in all its various forms.
This technical role will be able to utilise various technologies to ensure our digital assessments are robust and scalable, whilst making the authoring and delivery mechanisms easy to use. There will also be an opportunity to enhance the way in which we mark/grade these assessments and deliver feedback
BPP has a long history of delivering innovative digital assessment throughout its portfolio of courses and is now looking to consolidate that offering into one solution. The different arms of our business require different elements of functionality, for example:
In our accountancy & tax courses, digital assessment is our USP, the pedagogy of the courses is built around digital assessment utilising test preparation at its core, where we achieve the mimicking of the real exam and all the variations on assessment types/styles that brings.
With our University provision, we have a variety of requirement, whether it be replacing traditional exam halls to plagiarism checks on the fly but ultimately utilising digital assessment for formative and summative assessment to enable the business to be scalable and reduce costs.
Whilst BPP has many systems supporting digital assessment, now is the right time to consolidate these and bring all the technologies together and the goal of this role will be to achieve that in the first instance and then continue to evolve our assessment platforms as our offering evolves.
- Develop a robust toolset of assessment technologies:
- Data management
- Develop integrations with the learning platform(s), improving the student journey
- Prioritise development requirements from across the BPP Group
- Work within an agile development environment
- Develop digital assessments that mimic a real exam environment, this includes the look and feel, the functionality and the different question types. This will involve working closely with the awarding bodies
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and stakeholders
- Support the development of automated templates within Quark (content management system)
Department Digital Product
Vacancy location UK, North West, Manchester
- Commercial experience in the following technologies:
- REST APIs
- Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of LMS / VLEs
- An understanding of IMS Question and Test Interoperability Specification
- Have a genuine passion for technology and education
- Understanding and experience of content management systems
- Experience of learning technologies
- XML/HTML/CSS editing & writing
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- eLearning standards (e.g. SCORM, Tin can API)
- Agile methodologies and technologies (e.g. Scrum, Jira)
- Code repositories (e.g. SVN)
- Database technologies (MySQL, Graph)
- Understanding of systems such as Turnitin and other digital assessment tools
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary Up to 32,000