Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Internal Medicine and Haematology/Oncology
The Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), UAE University, seeks a candidate for faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in General (Internal) Medicine and Haematology/Oncology of CMHS. The CMHS operates an internationally recognized, integrated and problem-based curriculum and provides excellent research facilities.
The primary missions of the College of Medicine are education and research, but clinical practice opportunities are available too. The successful candidate will therefore engage in teaching undergraduate preclinical and clinical medical students. The appointee will also be involved in the organization and application of clinical assessments in Internal Medicine and Clinical Haematology/Oncology for MBBS and postgraduate certification (Arab Board, MRCP, etc.). There will also be an opportunity to take part in the consultant rota that covers acute General Medicine and/or Haematology/Oncology admissions at one of the two teaching hospitals, and to contribute to research within the CMHS and in collaboration with clinical colleagues in the two teaching hospitals.
- Candidates for this position must hold an MD or MBBS and demonstrate evidence of advanced training, and have certification/fellowship (or equivalent), in both General (Internal) Medicine and Haematology/Oncology from accredited centers in North America, Australia, UK, Europe or South Africa.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience is also required.
- Hold a valid consultant licensure in country of qualification and/or be able to obtain in the UAE to provide patient care service and clinical teaching at the affiliated teaching hospitals.
- Familiarity with USMLE, Canadian Qualifying Examinations and the operation/accreditation of graduate medical programs and certification/fellowship in North America, Australia, UK, Europe or the Arab Board is desirable.
- Applicants should also have a track-record in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level including designing curricula, overseeing courses and supervising student projects.
- The successful candidate will contribute to programs of undergraduate and graduate teaching, including the Junior and senior Internal Medicine Clerkships as well as providing patient care service and clinical teaching at the affiliated teaching hospitals.
Special Instructions to Applicant
CV & publications list with AMA or NML format, names and contact details of three referees and a cover letter indicating depth of interest
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Internal Medicine - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary 40000 - 50000 UAE Dirhams per month, based on experience
More searches like this
- Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates