Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The paralegal is responsible for a variety of tasks to support the Legal Affairs of the University, including document management, conducting legal research, and drafting documents.
- Support the General Counsel and other staff as directed with administration duties in a timely and efficient manner; handle urgent requests as they arise in an effective manner.
- Perform daily administrative duties for the Legal Affairs Department such as typing confidential documents, drafting memos, receiving and transmitting legal requests.
- Provide document management for the Office of Legal AffairsMail, fax, or arrange the delivery of legal correspondence to relevant personnel, external lawyers, and court officials.
- Organize meetings in liaison with the concerned parties to ensure meetings are properly prepared and avoid conflicting and overlapping schedules.
- Attend meetings when required, and take minutes of meetings, record agreements and important actions, and follow-up to ensure their completion.
- Prepare required presentations and documents such as memos, circulars, and other correspondence as assigned to ensure smooth flow of information within the Legal Department and with other parties.
- Assist in drafting contracts, agreements, and memorandums.
- Assist in conducting legal research.
- Assist with translating legal documents when required.
- Safely and securely handle information processing, filing, archiving, and retrieval; ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness, integrity and confidentiality of documents.
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed. Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Expats: A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for Paralegal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly