Associate Lecturer/Lecturer - Digital Media (Animation)
Associate Lecturer/Lecturer - Digital Media (Animation) - SGS campus
Job no: 593487
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Design, Digital and Design, Teaching and Research
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high- quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
- Undertake independent teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level including: designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Undertake independent professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline including: managing individual projects within timelines and budgets and ensuring compliance with quality and reporting requirements; publishing research results in high quality outlets as lead or co-author; preparing and submitting external research funding applications; and supervising higher degree by research candidates.
- Undertake administration duties, which may include course coordination role or management of a small award program.
- Participate in University governance activities as requested and undertake administration related to the position.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria
- For Lecturer: a PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- For Associate Lecturer: A Master degree in the relevant discipline; have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral course is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Proven proficiency in all or some of the following:
a. Digital 2D animation
b. Digital 3D animation
c. Any form of traditional animation
d. The ability to adapt to the rapidly changing landscape of digital media
e. The ability to lecture on the topic of digital media history/theory
f. The ability to teach drawing for animation
Other requirements as indicated in the job description document.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and information pack below.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5)
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on March 24, 2021.
Please make sure your application submission includes a portfolio of your work and preferably also your students' work. Please also include a list of any soft/hard skills related to the Digital Media (Animation) discipline for further review.
Application close: 24 Mar 2021 11:55 PM SE Asia Standard Time