Researcher in NMR Metabolomics of Salmon
6 days left
- Full Time
About the position
Department of Biotechnology and Food Science has a vacancy for a Researcher in NMR monitoring of carotenoids in salmon under different feed diets.
We are looking for a researcher to join the Food NMR metabolomics group under the guidance of Prof. Oleksandr Dykyy at the Department of Biotechnology and Food Science, NTNU.
The researcher will be working within the FHF project “Pigmentation in salmon”.
The researcher is expected to be active in the research in the field of NMR salmon metabolomics described by the project (see the required research skills below in the announcement), delivery of the project data/presentations during the project meetings with the members of the project consortium, preparation and publishing an eventual research paper with the project results as well as in preparation and delivery the project reports to the project coordinator.
The position has a duration of 13,5 months and the date for start-up is May, 1st 2021.
Info about IBT at NTNU can be found here: Department of Biotechnology and Food Science - NTNU
You will report to Professor Oleksandr Dykyy.
Duties of the position
- Extract various metabolites from the fish provided by the project consortium participants;
- Prepare from those extracts relevant NMR samples
- Establishment of the suitable NMR metabolomics experimental design for the fish data analysis
- Acquisition of NMR spectra for NMR assignment of the extracted from the salmon samples carotenoids
- Quantification of the assigned metabolites
- Performing NMR spike experiments and error analysis
- Performing PCA statistical analysis of the obtained data
Required selection criteria
- M.Sc. degree in Food Chemistry, Biotechnology or other relevant fields.
- Previous experience with fish sample analysis
- Establishment of NMR experimental design for fish NMR metabolomic analysis
- Ability and previous experience to prepare the relevant NMR samples and acquire Bruker NMR spectra
- Knowledge and experience in metabolites NMR quantification and in error analysis
- Experience in performance and analysis of NMR spike experiments
- Knowledge and experience in PCA statistical elaboration
- Good written and oral English and Norwegian language skills.
Preferred selection criteria
- The candidates will be evaluated according to the required criteria specified above.
Motivated, enthusiastic, ability to simply and correctly communicate the obtained results, ability to establish friendly and efficient communication with colleagues, students, technical personnel, willingness to learn new approaches, ability to work and analyse the obtained data independently
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position of Researcher (code 1108) is renumerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU.
The position is subject to external funding.
It is a prerequisite that you can be present at and accessible to the institution daily.
About the application
Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
If, for any reason, you have taken a career break or have had an atypical career and wish to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will take this into account, recognizing that the quantity of your research may be reduced as a result.
The application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Name and address of 2 referees
In the assessment of the best qualified applicant, we will emphasize education, experience and personal suitability as well as your motivation for the position.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
As an employee at NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the changes that the development in the subject entails and the organizational changes that are adopted.
Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), your name, age, position and municipality may be made public even if you have requested not to have your name entered on the list of applicants.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Professor Oleksandr Dykyy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application and supporting documentation via jobbnorge.no. If you are invited for interview, you must bring certified copies of certificates and diplomas. Mark the application with reference number: NV-23/21.
Application deadline: 07.03.2021
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Biotechnology and Food Science
Our activities contribute to increased exploitation of existing and new ingredients for sustainable food production as well as next-generation energy solutions and medical technology. We educate graduates for a wide range of careers in industry, public administration and academia. The Department of Biotechnology and Food Science is one of eight departments in the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
Deadline 7th March 2021
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Place of service Gløshaugen