The Credit Research Initiative (CRI) is a non-profit undertaking under the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) of the National University of Singapore. It was launched in July 2009 at the Risk Management Institute (RMI) by then the RMI director Professor Duan Jin-Chuan with the able assistance from Dr. Oliver Chen. Over the course of its development, the CRI has been dedicating to promoting the research on credit risk and offering directly useful credit analytics to the market participants. An opportunity exists to join CRI’s Market Monitoring Team (MMT) as a Research Analyst.
The Market Monitoring Team (MMT) is a window to continually observe financial markets and conduct relevant studies by using proprietary methods with the aim to promote CRI’s products and relate to current market events. As a member in the MMT, the candidate will quickly gain knowledge to CRI models as well as develop a greater understanding on financial markets from a credit perspective. The main tasks will be to conduct researches and financial/credit analysis on industries and companies, market surveillance for credit events and working on projects with other teams. You will have ample opportunities to improve your writing and analytical skills. Through working with other teams, you will also learn quantitative modelling and acquire useful IT and database knowledge preparing you to become a better functioning analyst who can leverage modern analytical tools.
Responsibilities for this role include:
(1) Conduct and publish credit/investment research reports on companies and industries in a timely manner and assist in writing quarterly and other special reports on credit market issues.
(2) Carry out market surveillance and to look for credit events in accordance with CRI’s credit event definition, to file credit event data in the database, etc.
(3) Initiate and manage inter-team projects.
(4) Deal with urgent and/or ad-hoc requests from supervisors.
(1) Academic background or industry experience of any of the following subjects is preferred: finance, accounting, economics, banking, business strategy, and business law. Certification of CFA or CPA is a plus. Candidates working in non-financial industry are also welcome.
(2) Have a proven ability to conduct financial analysis and independently analyze and write financial research reports.
(3) Have strong interest in the fields of investment/ credit/ risk management analysis.
(4) Good team player with a strong sense of responsibility.
(5) Able to coordinate and manage group projects between teams.
(6) Able to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
(7) Fluent in English.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asian Institute of Digital Finance
Department : Credit Research Initiative
Employee Referral Eligible: No