Research Fellow, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Department of Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for an experienced Research Fellow with CMOS compatible and on-chip plasmonic/optoelectronic devices research.
The selected candidate is required to:
- Take responsibility for electrical generation, detection, and manipulation, of plasmons, or one of them.
- Be responsible for efficient plasmonic wave guiding and signal amplification to compensate for losses
- Improve the efficiencies of the on-chip plasmonic devices by deepening scientific understanding of electron-plasmon coupling and plasmon confinement vs. propagation length by studying plasmonic materials and waveguide configurations.
- Demonstrate CMOS compatible working devices with industry grade materials and work towards translation of our technology.
- Provide a demo of a transceiver with high-speed transmission of data through plasmonic interconnects (in a lab-demonstrator) suitable for “beyond Moore” applications.
- Expected to take responsibility for solving multi-disciplinary problems, including preparation of documentation and presentation of results of processing/testing to peers.
- Possess a recognised PhD Degree in Materials/Physics/Optical Engineering or related field specialization in the design and fabrication of micro/nano optoelectronic devices.
- Knowledge and experiences in condensed matter physics, photonics and materials science, micro-nano fabrication technologies, on-chip light sources or high-speed detectors design, etc.
- Minimum 2-year practical experiences in the design, fabrication and testing of on-chip plasmonic/optoelectronic devices.
- Possess computer skills utilizing Lumerical FDTD, Comsol, etc.
- Technical proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Able to plan and organize well and adhere to deadlines.
- Positive attitude – Able to work independently and as a team.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
- Open to fixed-term contract