The Research Assistant will be working in the Marine Biology and Ecology Laboratory located in St John's Island under the Tropical Marine Science Institute, National University of Singapore.
The research project aims to culture, manipulate and engineer local microbiota in intensive closed aquaculture systems. The successful candidates will be required to develop a sustainable microbial-based aquaculture system using a consortium of beneficial marine microorganisms, and characterize the microbiomes in mariculture systems. The candidates will also be responsible for administrative duties, data collection and interpretation, and report writing including publication of findings in international journals. The candidates are required to commence work immediately.
- A good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aquaculture, Biotechnology, Microbiology, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work on weekends if required and in marine aquarium facilities.
- Self-motivated and passion in research.
- Experience in peer-reviewed publications would be advantageous.
- Proficient in statistical analysis tools.
Location: St John's Island
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Tropical Marine Science Institute
Employee Referral Eligible: No