Assistant Professor in Supply Chain Management
3 days left
- Full Time
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit an Assistant Professor in Supply Chain Management in Nottingham University Business School China.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To deliver teaching across a range of modules in supply chain management, operations management, and logistics providing curriculum leadership within own area of expertise.
- Be responsible for the design of course modules and/or programmes of study in specialist area and for their quality. Where appropriate identify the need for developing the content or structure of existing modules and make proposals on how this should be achieved.
- To supervise and provide first line support for undergraduate and/or postgraduate student’s projects, fieldwork and placements, as appropriate and contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues on the assessment of students work to identify and respond to the diversity of students’ needs.
- Undertake original research in supply chain management, logistics, operations, and related areas.
- Publish research in top level peer-reviewed journals in in supply chain management, logistics, operations, and related areas.
- Be responsible for administrative duties in areas such as admissions, timetabling, examinations, student attendance, and represent the school on various committees and working groups in the wider University and outside of the University and managing or monitoring assets and budgets allocated as part of the role.
- PhD or equivalent in relevant subject area；
- Experience of teaching/tutorial work in Supply Chain Management and related areas at degree, equivalent in an international English-speaking institution;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English;
- Experience and interest in interactive teaching;
- Experience of teaching in international/multi-cultural environment(s).
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 8,000 in just 16 years.
As a key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) China is an integral part of the Nottingham University Business School awarding the same internationally recognized degrees offered by Nottingham in the UK. In operation for just over 10 years, NUBS China currently has approximately 2,800 students of which about 400 are enrolled in postgraduate programmes including a Ph.D. programme. It has a rapidly expanding international faculty of about 90, all based in Ningbo China and coming from 27 countries or so. The school is EQUIS accredited and is part of a university that is highly rated and is seeking to improve further its ranking among the world’s top research and teaching universities. NUBS China focuses its efforts around the three "I"s-International, Innovative, and Interactive. Since 2011, NUBS China has rapidly progressed towards an increasing focus on high impact research, customized executive education, and high-quality teaching.
The Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Management Systems department (EMM) has staff members from 15 countries with strong track records in research and teaching excellence. The research expertise of the EMM staff include family and small business management, marketing strategy and consumer behaviour, information system management, operation research and supply chain management, and tourism management. The innovative and interactive teaching approaches by the EMM staff have won numerous domestic as well as international recognitions. The staff members have strong links with Nottingham's campuses in the UK and Malaysia as well as leading business schools both within China and worldwide which provided us with local expertise as well as international horizon.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
You will be offered a fixed term contract initially with University of Nottingham Ningbo China for a period of up to three years with effect from 1 September 2021 or as soon as thereafter. This contract may be extended on an indefinite basis based on mutual agreement. Salary will be within the range of RMB 411,197 to RMB 541,469 per annum depending on skills and experience (salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance). In addition, an attractive package including employment support allowance, first arrival allowance and insurance will be provided for international appointments.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system before 7 March 2021 at https://hrms.nottingham.edu.cn/psc/PRDHCM/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=181521&PostingSeq=1
Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding these vacancies may be addressed to Dr. Sathyaprakash Balaji Makam, Head of Department of Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Management Systems of Nottingham University Business School China at email: SathyaprakashBalaji.email@example.com. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000(ext.8406).
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age*, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.