Lecturer, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Lecturer
Workplace: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 2-year contract, academic
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: 01.09.2021 or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 21.03.2021
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the Faculty of Science MU is providing teaching of Mathematics and Statistics across the Masaryk University and it is an important research unit in many areas of Mathematics and Statistics, see www.math.muni.cz .
Teaching elementary and advanced courses in diverse areas of Mathematics, in particular educating the future teachers of Mathematics, supervision of student qualification works, relevant research.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- University degree in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, with preference given to Mathematics Teacher specialization;
- PhD. in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, or perspective of defence of the thesis in near future (not later than in 2 years);
- Essential experience in teaching mathematics at university level, in Czech or Slovak language;
- Active knowledge of English allowing teaching and presenting results on international conferences in English;
- Publications in high quality international journals (with impact factor according to Web of Science);
- Commitment to education of future teachers in diverse areas of Mathematics, interest in didactical research problems is welcome;
- Experience in supervision and reviewing of student qualification works.
Contract commencement by September 1, 2021, or negotiable.
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Jan Slovák, email email@example.com.
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, discounted language courses, discount in the university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Support with your relocation to Brno by our International Staff Office
The application shall be submitted online by 21 March 2021 via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter describing candidate's research interest and experience
- Summary of research outputs and publications, or other creative activities
- Names and contact details of at least 2 references.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or Skype interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Kašparovský, Ph.D.
dean of the Faculty of Science