- Research to help with program benchmarking, basic market research, data collection for accreditation and ranking, ..etc, all aspects related to research that are assigned by the Vice Dean for the CBE.
- Data entry and collecting articles. These activities should be conducted from the University in Al-Ain and assigned to her through the Assistant Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, after consulting with the concerned faculty member and agreement with the Vice Dean.
- Compose and distribute correspondences, notices, forms, calendars, manuals, presentations, brochures and other related materials.
- Any other duties as assigned as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Bachelor Degree. A minimum of 5 years of administrative assistant experience, which includes experience in providing high-level administrative support and support for special projects and confidential work, preferably in a higher education setting, is required. Experience with planning special events is required. Project management skills and using Microsoft Project is needed. Fluency in English and spreadsheets.
Bachelor Degree. A minimum of 5 years of administrative assistant experience, which includes experience in providing high-level administrative support and support for special projects and confidential work, preferably in a higher education setting, is required. Experience with planning special events is required. Project management skills and experience in using Microsoft Project is needed.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management
- Knowledge of software applications, including office software and database management
- Knowledge of the types and applications of standard office filing systems
- Knowledge of and ability to perform online searches and conduct online research
- Ability to prioritize work and make independent decisions regarding procedures and operations
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned activities
- Ability to write concisely, express thoughts clearly and develop ideas in a logical sequence
- Ability to follow guidelines, procedures, and written and oral instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and be thoughtful of multicultural environment; Ability to plan and organize work for various functions
- Ability to develop effective office work procedures; Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with both academic leaders, as well as administrative staff to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and show initiative
- Ability to research and navigate social media
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling highly confidential information and work with confidential and time sensitive materials
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Dean's Office - (CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant