Assistant and Associate Professorship in Psychology
Yeditepe University Department of Psychology in Istanbul, Turkey (https://fenedebiyat.yeditepe.edu.tr/en/psychology-department) invites applications for assistant and associate professorship positions. Candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate-level courses, and supervise both undergraduate and Master’s level research. The curriculum at Yeditepe University is in English and typical course load is 5 courses per semester for Assistant Professors, and 4 courses per semester for Associate Professors.
Yeditepe University offers an education compatible with the expectations of the information age and carries out its academic activities at 13 Faculties; namely Dentistry, Pharmacy, Arts and Sciences, Fine Arts, Law, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication, Architecture, Engineering, Health Sciences, Medical and Commercial Sciences, 2 Schools and 1 Vocational School entailing 77 undergraduate and 4 associate degree programs. Also, postgraduate education is conducted in 83 Master's Degree programs and 43 Doctoral Degree programs within the body of graduate schools of Ataturk's Principles and Revolution History, Educational Sciences, Health Sciences, Natural Applied Sciences, and Social Sciences. Yeditepe University, of which medium of instruction is English, prepares the youth from all over Turkey for their future in 26 Ağustos Campus since the day it was founded.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, or Neuroscience (with a Major in Psychology).
- They must demonstrate evidence of relevant teaching and research experience, including peer-reviewed publications.
- Willingness to teach courses such as Research Methods, Measurement, and Experimental Psychology is a strong asset.
- The curriculum is in English. However, a genuine interest in learning Turkish would be highly appreciated.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (including contact information for 3 referees)
- Teaching portfolio (with student evaluations, if possible)
- Research portfolio