Research Fellow/Postdoctoral Fellow, Research Team
Implement and conduct research projects related to the emerging field of Economics of Ageing. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a high level of competence in empirical research in social sciences, economics or public health, and have an interest in some (but not necessarily all) topics in the area of the Economics of Ageing such as demographic ageing, social security, elderly health, retirement decision-making, and long-term care.
- Design and implement research projects under a 2-year research grant program;
- Engage in data analysis, literature review and report writing;
- Prepare high quality research papers suitable for publication in academic journals;
- Contribute to grant and institute-level reporting requirements;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Full-time position for one year based in Singapore, with possibility of extension for another year. The position provides opportunities to connect and collaborate with international researchers, as well as funding for conference travel (subject to approval).
- PhD degree in social sciences, economics, demography, health, sociology, public policy, or a related discipline.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with demonstrated competence in statistical analysis (using programs such as R / STATA/ MATLAB).
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Salary offered will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Package may include fringe benefits such as leave, medical, dental consultations and housing allowance (where applicable).
Please include the following documents in the application:
- One-page cover letter, with a brief statement of relevant research expertise
- Curriculum vitae with details of at least two referees (five-page maximum)
- Two writing samples (working papers, essays, written reports, short articles)
- Transcripts (undergraduate, Masters, PhD): Scanned copies acceptable
Please send electronic submissions to j.fong@.nus.edu.sg.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Additional information about the research interests of Asst Professor Joelle H. Fong available at https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/ourpeople/faculty/2.