Research Assistant, Software Engineering
The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a Research Centre of Excellence (RCE) in Singapore. The Centre for Quantum Technologies (www.quantumlah.org) is conducting interdisciplinary theoretical and experimental research focussing on basic research and the development of quantum technologies based on coherent control of individual photonic and atomic systems. Both the theory and the practical possibilities of constructing quantum-mechanical devices for the purpose of quantum simulations, sensing, cryptography, and computation are explored. For these purposes technical support in various fields is required.
The Centre was established in December 2007 with support from Singapore’s National Research Foundation and Ministry of Education. CQT is hosted by the National University of Singapore at the Kent Ridge Campus. At present about 121 international researchers, 22 administrative staff, and 6 technical support staff are working at CQT.
- Supporting experimental physics group (Quantum Matter group) in various software design and maintenance tasks
- Update of instrumentation control drivers based on C in MS-VS.
- Migration (to Win10), Debugging and documentation of existing experimental control system (LabView)
- Design of experimental control system based on RedPitaya (preferentially in LabView).
- Design of data logging system based on Raspberry PI and Restful API.
- Integration of Machine learning in experimental control
- Port webpage to mobile web design
- Work in close collaboration with researchers and students in an ever-varying research environment
- Candidates must have experience in one or more of the following: C MS-VS, LabView, Bootstrap framework
- Full time commitment
- A good team player
- Strong motivation and good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in English
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Duration of Contract: up to 1 year (subject to funding availability and performance appraisal)
Interested applicants are invited to should send their latest CV, and letter of recommendation (if any) to email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.