A Research Assistant position is available immediately in Professor Brian Kennedy’s Laboratory in Centre for Healthy Longevity. The successful candidate will be working closely with the stem cell team to investigate the influence of ApoE alleles on stem cell regeneration and ageing in vitro and in vivo. The project involves stem cell culturing and differentiation, co-culturing, inflammatory profiling, microscopy imaging and various molecular/biochemical techniques such as western blotting, qRT-PCR etc. Animal studies involve stereotactic brain injection of stem cells to examine effects on brain ageing and cognitive functions.
- A degree in biomedical/life sciences or related disciplines
- Experience in one or more of the following disciplines are required:
- Stem cell culturing and differentiation
- Animal behavioural studies
- Primary/ Neuronal culture techniques, flow cytometry, histology
- Cell/Molecular Biology/Neuroscience
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Candidate should be independent, motivated and has an interest in scientific research
Both Singaporeans and foreigners are welcome to apply, but applicants must be currently residing in Singapore.