Organization Name Khalifa University College Medicine and Health Science
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Learning Specialist assists with the College of Medicine and Health Sciences learning enhancement program, serves as liaison and/or advisor for College’s students and faculty, and helps ensure effective delivery of student services. The Learning Specialist will engage students, individually and with group learning activities. The position will work collaboratively under the direction of the Program Director Student Academic Support Services and to ensure access to academic support is integrated and equitably available to all College of Medicine and Health Sciences students.
- Assist with the University's learning enhancement program by providing academic support and direction to students, sharing pertinent information with faculty and administration, mentoring students in preparation for exams, and providing support for special programs.
- Maintain student records in compliance with University policies and keep accurate documentation of sessions, meetings, and other communications as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison and/or advisor for and between students and faculty, facilitating enhanced learning, ensuring effective transition to medical/graduate school, providing workshops and sessions enhancing the learning experience for students, helping ensure effective delivery of student services, assisting with student orientation, and contributing to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Contribute as an active member of/and collaborator for the Learning Enhancement team.
- Teach seminars and provide individual counselling to students preparing for standardized exams; Plans and directs remedial programs.
- Maintain reports and completes forms regarding student academic support.
- Monitor student progress; prepares communications as needed.
- Organize and input pertinent information into student information management software.
- Represent the University favorably and in accordance with established Core Values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization
- Attend relevant committee meetings (e.g. curriculum,orientation)
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Master’s degree in Cognitive or Educational Psychology, Counseling, Education or related field.
- Expats: A minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).