Instructor, Medical Student Assessment
Reporting to: Assessment Unit Director Medical Education Department
- Teach curriculum component related to medical education information literacy and student assessment
- Serves as primary resource for assessment information to, faculty and, college departments.
- Supervise and coordinates the administrative and technical activities and daily operation of the Assessment Unit.
- Overseeing the collection, storage, use and security of a particular Assessment Unit(s).
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely process of data entry, exam preparation, analysis, and reporting for all College assessments.
- Work collaboratively with Assessment Unit Head, Student Assessment Committee, Assessment Working Groups or Task Forces in the creation of student assessment methods and tools tailored to the College curriculum.
- Provides guidance and day to day direction to administrative staff to ensure clerical duties relating to student assessment are completed.
- Devise and publish internal deadlines for team and wider college for each examination series.
- Review regularly the quality and effectiveness of the assessment process and methods for ensuring that it continues to meet institutional (IPP), national and international standards and for making improvements in operations.
- Liaises with other branches of the College.
- Support projects related to accreditation.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects related to assessment as needed.
- Teach curriculum component related to information literacy
- Help in the teaching of curricular contents related to student assessment and preparation for exams
- Assist in faculty development activities related to student assessment
- Act as a facilitator in problem-based learning
- Conduct research related to student assessment
- ssist in faciltationg and supervising student research Planning Plan and set goals and objectives for the Assessment Unit.
This responsibility includes determining the services needed the most effective way to provide, and the resources necessary to support them.
- Develop plans to use in coordinating logistics of assessment administration and proactively communicating roles and responsibilities.
- Recommend staffing needs and assist the recruitment and selection of new personnel.
- Work in collaboration with the relevant departments to assist with the development of new software applications as required to support assessment tools.
- Establish guidelines for the Assessment Unit staff that reflect the curriculum objectives.
- Designs and implements policies procedures for administering, scoring, disseminating, and storing tests; develops written resource materials and procedures manual.
- Coordinate with relevant departments in preparation of annual examination calendars.
Implementation: Ensures Assessment Unit Policies and Procedures are implemented and followed.
- Set clear performance targets for staff, give clear and constructive feedback to help improve performance and offer appropriate support.
- Supervise on going assessment activities.
- Implementation of Assessment Unit services according to the set Internal Policies and Procedures and implements staff duties and responsibilities.
- Knows Assessment Unit policies and procedures; accurately interprets them, and clearly and courteously communicates policies to the stakes holders as necessary.
- Provide training to staff on administrative procedures and protocols related to assessment administration
Maintenance: Prepare and maintain the Assessment Unit resources.
This responsibility includes:
- Coordinates the administrative effectiveness and efficiency of assessment, including routinely reviewing and updating assessment equipment, software, and operational and delivery methods and approaches.
- Use chain of command appropriately to communicate and resolve issues.
- Provide training, develop
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Social Science, Education, Mathematics, Statistics, Healthcare Administration or related fields or 10 years’ experience in administering, scoring, and interpreting results for a variety of tests in an Health Profession education setting.
- Must have excellent IT Skills and variety of software (Microsoft, Statistical) and experience with various office equipment, such as Optical Mark Readers, copiers, printers, fax and scanners.
- Have knowledge of modern assessment, psychometric methods tools and procedures.
Preferred Qualification As above
Have ability to:
- Work in a confidential fast-paced environment
- Be a team leader as well as to work independently
- Organize large amounts of data from several sources 4. Multitask in a high-volume environment 5. Train others on complex processes
Problem Solving and Decision Taking
- Excellent problem-solving and superior interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Exercise initiative and judgment and make decisions within position’s scope of authority
Focusing on Targets and Results
- Have excellent administrative and organizational skills and be capable of prioritizing work to deliver high standards in a demanding environment with conflicting deadlines.
- Supply information in a timely basis using appropriate reporting mechanisms and according to agreed service standards.
- Adjust plans, workload and priorities as demands change to get the job done and devise solutions when difficulties are met.
Language and Communications:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbally, written and comprehension)
- Communicate clearly, confidently and respectfully with colleagues at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Microbiology - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary 18000 - 22000 UAE Dirhams per month, based on experience