Senior Administrative Officer
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SECTION SPORTS MEDICINE (SSM)
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development
The incumbent will be responsible for providing an administrative service to the SSM. This will include:
- Liaising with students and acting as a first point of contact for the SSM;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual study guides;
- Managing student assignments and organising student lecture weeks;
- Finalising student examination papers and managing students’ final practical examinations;
- Taking responsibility for all general office administration, including procurement, writing motivations, making travel arrangements and requesting maintenance services;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including specialists in the private sector to lecture to students, the Department of Finance, internal departments from the Faculty of Health Sciences, Student Administration and Sports Medicine Facilities.
- A relevant three-year National Diploma in Office Administration with at least three years’ experience in:
- An academic environment;
- Office administration;
- The use of a procurement system.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the procurement system of the University of Pretoria;
- Knowledge of ClickUP;
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise professionally and effectively with a variety of people, including executive management and clients;
- Time management skills, including the ability to schedule deadlines and prioritize tasks, as well as the ability to work under pressure;
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities in terms of handling challenging tasks.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Office Administration;
- Five years’ experience in office management and administration;
- Five years’ experience at the University of Pretoria including financial and administrative systems.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
- CLOSING DATE: 1 March 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms N Naude, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Prof C Janse van Rensburg, e-mail: email@example.com for enquiries relating to the post content. Please note: no applications will be received via these email addresses and candidates should apply on the Careers@UP portal as stated above.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 April 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.