Executive Assistant to Deputy Dean and School Executive Director
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $85,134 - $92,154 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces. The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is a vibrant and exciting place to study and work. Our environment is supportive and student-focussed, and our courses are challenging. Our buildings are designed for graduate education students, offering a range of contemporary learning and social spaces.
About the role
The MSGE is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Deputy Dean and School Executive Director to provide outstanding, intuitive and astute administrative, secretarial and executive support services to the Deputy Dean and School Executive Director (DD & SED). The incumbent may also provide executive support to the Dean where required. This Executive Assistant role is of significant importance to MGSE and the incumbent is required to display a high level of discretion, independent judgment and professionalism whilst regularly interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality whilst undertaking a number of concurrent tasks demonstrating excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills which are critical to this position;
- Develop, maintain and remediate, where necessary, effective working relationships with Academic Divisions and Chancellery portfolios to ensure high quality and timely service delivery;
- Be an experienced administrative and/or customer service specialist;
- Demonstrate commitment to the delivery of high-quality customer service, and
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of service standards.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include your Cover Letter (which includes your address of the selection criteria) and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Applications close: 07 Mar 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time