Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Economics
TITLE: Postdoctoral Researcher (Ph.D)
Number of Positions: One (1)
Category: Contract up to twelve (12) months
Workplace: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Economics of the University of Cyprus is accepting applications for filling a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher with part time or full time employment. Full time employment is equivalent to 140 hours per month.
- Candidates should hold a Ph.D in Data Science/Econometrics or Statistics or Mathematics or Computer Science or Economics or a related subject with experience in applied research.
- Excellent knowledge of Econometric/Statistical Methods.
- Very good knowledge of scientific programming, especially in econometrics/statistics using e.g. Julia, Python, C++, Matlab, R.
- For PhD’s outside Economics, knowledge of Economic Theory will be considered an additional skill.
- Very good knowledge of English (written and oral).
- Solid character, trustworthy, high level of responsibility, with organizational skills.
Amongst others, the main responsibilities will be:
- Data Analysis (Panel Data) using statistical/econometric techniques.
- Developing code and dealing with large datasets using programming.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This will be a part time or full time employment contract, which can last up to 12 months. The gross salary equals to €16,35 per hour, from which amount employee contributions to the various governmental funds will be deducted. The program does not provide a 13th salary
Interested Candidates should submit the following
- Letter of Intent for this position.
- Curriculum Vitae in Greek or English, including address and phone number.
- Copy of University Degrees and Transcripts.
- At least one confidential reference letter from an Academic.
Candidates should send the relevant material to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 05/03/2021. For more information you can contact Dr. Andreas Tryphonides (by phone: (00357)22893690 or email: email@example.com).