Research Assistant/Research Associate
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/ASSISTANT POSTION IN DIGITAL LIFESTYLE COACHING
In collaboration with the ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Duke - NUS, the National Health Group (NHG), National University Health System (NUHS), and SingHealth, we are undertaking a research program on "Future Health Technologies FHT". It addresses some immanent health challenges by developing a future-oriented Mobile Digital Health Concept that tackles the increase in patients suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity and stroke, as a consequence of a rapidly ageing population with mobile digital technologies, covering the value chain from acute care to patient's private homes.
The Mobile Health Interventions module of the FHT program investigates how mobile chatbot technology can be leveraged to assist vulnerable individuals in promoting healthy lifestyles, preventing obesity and T2D. Accordingly, chatbots can act as scalable lifestyle coaches that guide vulnerable individuals through a personalized digital health intervention that is grounded in behavioural medicine and health psychology theories.
We are seeking a full-time Research Associate/Assistant (who will have the opportunity to apply concurrently for the PhD programme).
The position is available for a period of 1 year, starting the earliest in October 2020, and can be extended.
- The candidate will join and work with researchers in the Physical Activity and Nutrition Determinants in Asia (PANDA) Research Programme and the FHT programme
- Conduct a series of digital health intervention studies, applying different methodologies(e.g., quantitative and qualitative), to help identify the best smartphone-based and chatbot-delivered intervention components that aim to prevent T2D in vulnerable individuals and support patients in managing their T2D
- Coordination and administrative responsibilities related to the implementation of project
- Development of conceptual intervention model together with a team of research staff, study nurses and software engineers
- Data collection and analysis
- Involvement in promotional activities to increase community awareness of the coaching service
- Preparation of scientific publications and conference presentations.
- Master’s degree, preferably in public health interventions, clinical trials, computer science,and/or technology management
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience in digital health interventions, preferably in the fields of behavioral lifestyle medicine (e.g., exercise and diet), T2D, and conversational agents is preferred
- Experience managing ethical, legal and health-political challenges of medical research is preferred
- Interest in pursuing a PhD
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health