Special Scientists, Assistant Researchers
IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies
Software Defined Radio Engineer (Special Scientist)
The IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies invites applications for Special Scientists (Assistant Researchers) in the area of wireless communications.
The IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies (http://iridacentre.ucy.ac.cy) is a recently established research Centre at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Cyprus, conducting both basic and applied research in the broad area of wireless communication theory and its applications. It currently employees more than 15 researchers and PHD students, funded by externally research projects.
The required skills and expertise include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or any other relevant field. A Master’s and/or PhD degree or equivalent will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience with MATLAB, C/C++, or Python.
- Knowledge of software-define radio systems and development skills in NI LabVIEW and/or GNU Radio.
- Experience with modeling and simulating RF systems
- Knowledge and experience with RF Engineering will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain regular contact with his/her supervisor(s)
- Support research activities with software defined radio
- Design and develop prototypes/demos with software defined radio
The IRIDA Research Centre, offers competitive salaries based on qualifications and experience with monthly gross salary in the range of €1700-€3500 for full time employment. From this amount employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on performance. 13th salary is not provided.
The Special Scientists’ positions can be combined with the enrolment in the PhD programme.
Interested candidates should submit the following by email to the IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th March 2021.
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek.
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested.
Interested candidates should submit the following by email to the IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies at email@example.com by 15 February 2021.
For more information please contact the director of the IRIDA Centre, Associate Professor Ioannis Krikidis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +357 22 89 51 59.