Network Team Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
We build and maintain an extensive, exclusive, and complex data network of our modern university – over 12.000 km of fiber, hundreds of active network devices, tens of thousands of endpoints. We connect researchers, students, academics, experts, various systems, edge technology devices, and many organizations. We enable modern learning methods, immediate information availability, national and international cooperation, high-speed computing, radical discoveries, and much more.
Who you are?
- You want to become a network architect, managing your own team
- You have the potential to design and develop extensive network infrastructure and come up with unconventional solutions
- You are an innovation enthusiast, interested in examining new technologies and experimenting with them; you are keen on testing its potential and implementing/integrating it
- You take to networking like a duck to water; WAN, LAN, firewall, Cisco, Juniper, datacentre, Wi-Fi, etc. are the base of your technical knowledge
- You enjoy continuous learning and development of your skills and knowledge
- You have a track record of running and maintaining a complex network infrastructure
- You like to work with your team, leading it and taking care of the professional and personal development of all the team members
Network team activity examples:
- Massive expansion and strengthening of university Wi-Fi coverage for employees, students, and visitors
- Leading projects to innovate and automate network infrastructure maintenance and operation, for example, "Firewall rules administration using user identity", etc.
- Advanced methods, tools, and technologies implementation into the existing network infrastructure, such as IaaC cloud or appliances for real surgery simulation
- Designing solutions for research challenges such as flexible network capacity for immediate transfer of extremely large amounts of data
- Software-Defined Network concept preparation and pilot implementation
- But also dealing with actual topics and challenges, for example, ensuring complete on-line education during a pandemic, etc.
What do we offer?
- Professional growth through continuous development of complex Masaryk University data network, uncommon freedom, and self-realization, diverse work
- The unique position where your work directly enables scientific discoveries and next-generation education
- Broad opportunity to realize own ideas on implementing new technologies, concepts, and approaches
- Progressive technologies – not only the option to “play” with it but direct implementation in both projects and operation
- Leading an expert team (experienced specialists but also students, learning and growing into more senior roles)
- Contact with students, their supervision and integration to the team; your own academic career if interested
- Partnership with experts and communities on the national and international level (CESNET etc.), professional conferences, seminars, and training
- Monthly salary from 55 to 75,000 CZK
- Benefits – 6 weeks of holiday, flexible working hours, parking, meal vouchers, MultiSport card etc.
Please send your CV by e-application (below) or to firstname.lastname@example.org