Administrative Coordinator, Advisor
About the position
We have a vacancy as an Administrative Coordinator in Centre for Digital Life Norway with working place at the Department of Biotechnology and Food Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). As an Administrative Coordinator you will be a part of and work closely with the rest of the Operational Management Team in planning and executing various tasks and activities in the Centre. You will support the Centre Manager and Centre Director, both situated at NTNU, with practical tasks related to the running of the centre.
Centre for Digital Life Norway 2.0 is a national Centre for transdisciplinar biotechnology with 7 project partners (5 Universities, 1 Research institution, 1 University hospital) and currently 36 research projects, distributed across Norway. The Centre is dedicated to promoting our core activities, such as data & models, innovation & industry, education & researcher training, communication & internationalization, and Responsible research & innovation. The engine of the centre is the Operational Management Team consisting of 7-8 special advisors with the necessary skills and education to cover all these competence areas of the Centre.
For more information, see our web site: https://www.digitallifenorway.org/
Duties of the position
- Responsibility for administrative tasks in the Centre. This includes among other things documentation and archiving, updating and improvements of administrative routines, bookings, travel claims, meeting invitations and -minutes, webpage updates, budgeting assistance.
- Assist with scientific events in the centre, such as workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Function as leader support to the centre manager.
- Take part in reports, annual plans, and other communication to the Research Council of Norway.
Required selection criteria
- Master degree in biotechnology or other relevant discipline. Relevant work experience may compensate for the lack of a Master degree
- Some experience in administrative work and/or leader support
- Good communication skills both written and oral in English
Preferred selection criteria
- Experience and knowledge on digital working platforms and remote work
- Knowledge on the Norwegian University and institute sector
- Good communication skills in Norwegian
Some experience with budgeting and financial forecasting
- Positive attitude
- Motivated and ambitious on behalf of the development of the Centre and our affiliated projects
- Goal-oriented team player who delivers on time and with high standards
- Being able to work independently and efficiently
- Having the flexibility to work closely with a geographically dispersed team
- Creative and able to bring new ideas to the table
- Strong interest in the science of the centre
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal suitability, as well as motivation, in terms of the qualification requirements specified in the advertisement.
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- Favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position of Advisor code 1434 is remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale, depending on qualifications and seniority. The position is subject to external funding, and is currently funded for 5 years. From the salary, 2 % is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria's in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU. After the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
About the application
Please note that the application will only be evaluated on the basis of the information available at the expiry of the application deadline. Therefore, make sure that your application clearly shows how your skills and experience meet the criteria described above.
The application must contain :
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Name and adress of three references
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background.
The city of Trondheim is a modern European city with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is the innovation capital of Norway with a population of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, including healthcare, schools, kindergartens and overall equality, is probably the best of its kind in the world. Professional subsidized day-care for children is easily available. Furthermore, Trondheim offers great opportunities for education (including international schools) and possibilities to enjoy nature, culture and family life and has low crime rates and clean air quality.
As an employee at NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the changes that the development in the subject entails and the organizational changes that are adopted.
Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), your name, age, position and municipality may be made public even if you have requested not to have your name entered on the list of applicants.
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Centre leader Trygve Brautaset, tel +47 98283977, email: Trygve.email@example.com.
Please submit your application and supporting documentation via jobbnorge.no. If you are invited for interview, you must bring certified copies of certificates and diplomas.
Application deadline: 24.02.2021
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Biotechnology and Food Science
Our activities contribute to increased exploitation of existing and new ingredients for sustainable food production as well as next-generation energy solutions and medical technology. We educate graduates for a wide range of careers in industry, public administration and academia. The Department of Biotechnology and Food Science is one of eight departments in the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
Deadline 24th February 2021
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology