Choir Logistics Coordinator
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
CHOIR LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
Reporting to the Head of the School of Arts, the core responsibilities of the Choir Logistics Coordinator includes:
- Assistance to the Conductor;
- The setting and implementation of the annual plan of the choir in consultation with the conductor;
- The marketing and audience development of the choir;
- Managing and organising the general logistics;
- Managing the students in the choir;
- Management of the choir budget.
- Three-year relevant degree with at least 2 years’ experience in the field or Gr 12 with at least 5 years project/ events management experience;
- Sufficient experience working within a professional orchestral environment;
- Working knowledge of the setup, constituents and technicalities of a choir;
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of project management processes and applications;
- Financial management experience;
- Marketing and audience development experience;
- Event management experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Ability to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with musicians, management and staff members;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Relevant language and communication skills;
- Able and willing to work, on occasions, evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to meet demanding targets with tight deadlines;
- Administrative and accounting skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team;
- Negotiation skills;
- Innovative, creative and proactive.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Project management qualification;
- Arts Administration qualification;
- Relevant experience in a tertiary environment;
- Knowledge of choral repertoire.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 25 February 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs Dineo Mahlangu, Tel: (012) 420 4856/ firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Dr Marinda Maree, Tel: (012) 420 2505/ email@example.com for enquiries relating to the post content. Please note: no applications will be received via these email addresses and candidates should apply on the Careers@UP portal as stated above.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 April 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.