The Operations Research group of the United Arab Emirates University seeks to hire a post-doctoral researcher for a period of 6-12 months (with a possibility of extension) to start as soon as possible. The post-doctoral researcher is expected to collaborate in an ongoing funded research project on the impact of Covid-19 on global supply chains. The objective is to investigate the disruptions (at the demand and supply sides) caused by the COVID-19 crisis on global supply chains and to develop mitigation techniques and strategies to hedge against these disruptions, such that the supply chain resilience and sustainability improve. The position is for a period of 6 to 12 months, but it may be extended, dependent on the performance and fund availability.
An appropriate educational degree supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Skilled in optimization techniques.
- C++, Python, knowledge.
- Good technical writing skills
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.
- A PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Management Science, Supply Chain Management, or a related field;
- Excellent programming skills (preferably Matlab);
- Expertise in mathematical modeling, analysis, and stochastic optimization;
- Research experience both in modeling and in applying heuristics and exact solution methods;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English).
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean For Student Affairs (COE)
Job Close Date 31-08-2021
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant