Research Fellow, Electrical And Computer Engineering
We have a 1 year research Research Fellow position for an experienced near field communication and wireless power transfer researcher. The selected incumbent is expected to
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, modeling and initial simulation verification of near field communication and wireless power transfer systems, using technologies like IPT, CPT, etc.
- Assist with the development of the near field communication and wireless power transfer testing system when applicable.
- Be involved in technology development to increase the technology readiness level toward manufacturability.
- Ensure system design complies with existing electronic and electrical standards for certification.
- Provide support to a team of engineers in solving multi-disciplinary problems, including preparation of documentation and presentation of results of analyses/testing to peers and customers.
- Conduct high-quality research, propose his/her own research ideas, and to be an active member of the department.
- At least a Doctoral degree in electrical engineering or radio physics
- At least 2-years of practical experiences in the design, analysis, and testing of NFC antenna and resonant circuit.
- Possessing knowledge and research experience in wireless power transfer and near field communication is an advantage.
- Proven experience with EDA tools such as HFSS, Maxwell or Matlab.
- Experience with the WPT testing system.
- Experience with the NFC testing system for read/write mode.
- Debugging and hand-on experience with NFC-operating board and resonant circuit.
- Has technical proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Able to plan and organize well and adhere to deadlines.
- Doing research in a multidisciplinary team.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No