Research Fellow, Electrical And Computer Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking for a passionate Research Fellow who can design, build, and carry out tunable low-dimensional solid-sate optical systems.
This job aims to develop programmable meta-optics in low-dimensional systems for data storage and information multiplexing. The research job requires experimental synthesis and characterization of 2D materials and other novel inorganic/organic materials for novel tunable semiconductor integrated metasurfaces.
The selected incumbent can hands-on synthesize optical materials and fabricate optoelectronic devices and has in-depth physics insight and modelling capability for the orbital angular momentum, electromagnetic theory, and analysis of underlying work mechanisms for light-matter interactions of metasurfaces hybridized with low-dimensional materials.
- PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or relevant area with a strong background in nanofabrication, material synthesis and characterization.
- Experience of working in the field of luminescent lanthanides material preparation, synthesis of two-dimensional (2D) transition-metal dichalcogenides (TMDs) and fabricating optoelectronic devices.
- Relevant experience in the field of CMOS nano-electronic devices and nano-fabrication technology would be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in numerical simulation of optical properties and experienced laser processing experiment on low-dimensional materials.
- Experience of working in the observation of morphology, chemical states, and structures of 2D materials, lanthanide hybrids, and metal oxides. For example, Raman, XRD, TEM, XPS and EDX etc.
- Having the advanced physics foundation of 2D TMDs and experience of working in measurement of fluorescence of and lifetime.
- Candidates should have strong publication records in reputed International Journals in the field of metasurfaces, optical materials and semiconductor devices.
- Positive attitude – Able to work independently and as a team.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
- Open to fixed-term contract