Oracle PeopleSoft Applications DBA
Stanford University: PeopleSoft Applications DBA (Great Opportunity, Full-time)
Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager of Student & HR Systems in Stanford University IT (UIT), this position provides critical PeopleSoft applications and database administration support of critical systems for Stanford University. A successful candidate will have experience in the installation, upgrade and maintenance of PeopleSoft infrastructure environments.
Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain highly available PeopleSoft, web, application servers and databases.
- Install, configure, and support relational database management systems (RDBMS) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
- Design, develop, and maintain highly-available databases.
- Take responsibility for maintaining database design, security and performance optimization, backup and recovery strategies and implementation, as well as monitoring the overall health of the database environment.
- Execute complete database solutions from evaluation to implementation.
- Provide on-going system administration and technical infrastructure support.
- Review the physical and logical design of databases for optimal database structures, performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery. Plan and implement pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and test marketplace tools and utilities, including system integration and automation, which enhance server functionality and promote the development of RDBMS applications.
- Develop and maintain efficient and appropriate connectivity and third party solutions between various campus databases to ensure necessary data is available as needed.
- Develop and enforce database standards and/or new development protocols.
- Support, patch and maintain PeopleSoft applications and database environments.
- Build, configure, secure and enhance PeopleSoft PIA server environments.
- Design, install and maintain highly-available and secure application environments using current web and app server technologies (load balancing and clustering methods).
- Provide on-going application patching, refreshes and technical support.
- Participate in performance loading testing, tuning and improving operational processes.
- Perform and maintain change management process and procedure.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hardworking, accountable, quick learner with can-do attitude and aptitude.
- Team player and work with multi-functional teams
- Must have good PeopleSoft/PeopleTools Administration experience.
- Current PeopleSoft 9+ and Oracle DBA skills(Oracle 12c or higher).
- Experienced with recent PeopleSoft and PeopleTools 8.54+ patching and upgrade
- Experienced on Middleware technology with Tuxedo 12c, Apache, Tomcat and fusion middleware.
- PeopleSoft Cloud deployments using DPK
- UNIX Shell. WLST/Shell scripting, SQL scripting automation is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in support of large database applications/systems including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction systems.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows systems platform.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Desires to grow in knowledge of new and current technology and trends.
- Extensive experience with database security protocol.
- Skilled in troubleshooting, configuring Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat and Oracle.
- Proven experience in Apache and Weblogic servers. SSL, PKI, keytool, etc.
- Setup and management of Oracle data guard. GC, MySQL and or MongoDB experience.
- Skilled in install/setup, management of highly available application environments.
- Cloud AWS/GCS implementation experience is a plus.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Extended and weekend hours.
- Some off hour work maybe required during work week.
- Must be available for on-call work.
- Interpersonal Skills: Professional and demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Stanford University’s commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of the 2020 calendar year. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
Relocation and sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
How to Apply:
- We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4762
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84978